Can you improve your sales numbers by having a systematized sales follow-up process? I was chatting with Bob Vance the other day and he mentioned that he wasn’t sure what to do to close more sales. As we got to chatting he mentioned that he didn’t have a systematized approach to his sale follow-up process. This is a huge piece of the lead generation puzzle. You have to have a proactive and systematic approach to follow-up with leads. Today you’ll learn a step-by-step approach that you can use to start closing more sales.
If you don’t have a systematic & proactive follow-up system in place for following up with prospects after your sales meetings/strategy sessions you are leaving money on the table.
Here is how we follow up and you can do the same (swipe & deploy)…
Outline of This Episode
- [1:12] The hot lead follow-up process
- [7:30] Our hot lead follow-up process
- [14:10] 7 Figure Agency members get my follow-up process
People need more time to think about a sale
You may think that I close every sale right then and there, after my one on one sales consultation, but that’s not the case. About 90% of the time I don’t close the sale after the first call. Most people need a little more time to digest the information and look at the proposal a bit further. Any sale is an emotional decision and oftentimes they want to discuss the proposal with someone close to them. Listen to hear how I end up closing more sales by using my systematized sales follow-up process.
My customized, step-by-step hot lead sales follow-up process
My sales follow-up process starts while we’re still on the call. I schedule a follow-up call while I still have them on the line. It’s important to get that into the calendar right away. As soon as we’re done with our call the ball starts rolling with our InfusionSoft follow-up sales sequence.
- The first item in the sequence is to send them an overview of our process.
- Next, we send them testimonials. They need to see some social proof.
- After that, we send them a project timeline. Since we focus on only one niche, all of our project timelines are very similar.
- We then send a physical package in the mail with details and information. Even if you only send them a thank you note, the physical aspect is very important.
- We also give potential clients a deadline of 2 weeks. We don’t want to be waiting in limbo forever.
- I also set my calendar with some timed reminders for me to call or send a personalized message.
- Lastly, we send a closure email thanking them for going through the process and asking for their feedback.
Why do you need a systematized sales follow-up process?
Remember that most people need a bit more time before they buy. Social proof goes a long way to help with their emotional side. You can also remember to touch them 5-7 times over a 7-14 day period. Using automated software like InfusionSoft or another CRM is important to get the sales follow-up process systematized. Automating your approach ensures that you don’t drop the ball on any of the steps. You never know at which point will be the one that wins them over.
7 Figure Agency members have an added benefit
As part of being in the 7 Figure Agency group, you have the added benefit that you may not have realized. You get my entire systematized sales follow-up process. In sales module 4 the material is right there in a swipe file. All you need to do is customize it to fit your business. You can add your own. I’d love to hear if you have any unique ideas on your own sales follow-up process.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect With Josh Nelson
- Josh’s Coaching Page on Facebook
- The Agency Success Facebook Group
- Seven Figure Agency on YouTube
- Josh on Twitter: @joshnelsonimc
- Josh on LinkedIn
Why is it so important to have a systematic follow-up process in place?
- Not everyone sales meeting closes on the initial call (only like 10% in our case)
- You MUST have a follow up process once a you conduct a sales meeting