Great marketers deploy a range of tactics to advertise their services, retain clients, inspire their employees, and, most importantly, reframe their thinking to achieve their goals.
One of the easiest ways to build on your marketing goals in 2020 and beyond? Read and use digital marketing quotes in your professional communications. You might think using digital marketing quotes is a surprising way to build your company’s profile, but you’ll find many reasons to rely on marketing quotes in this industry.
Ready to give it a try? Here are 50 of the best digital marketing quotes of 2020.
The Value of Marketing Quotes
“Take a risk and keep testing, because what works today won’t work tomorrow, but what worked yesterday may work again.” –Amrita Sahasrabudhe, Senior Vice President of Marketing, FastMed Urgent Care
In an article published in Frontiers in Psychology, researchers found certain motivational quotes could improve self-esteem in participants with chronic disorders. They emphasized quotes that shared others’ experiences, empowered individuals, and explained cause-and-effect issues (i.e., “X problem causes Y issue”).
It’s not all that different when you’re using thought-provoking, insightful, or inspirational quotes in digital marketing — and we could all use a good dose of inspiration to keep us going in 2020. Reading a well-worded marketing quote can help you develop better marketing practices and reshape your business-outlook so you can finally reach that seven-figure threshold.
But marketing quotes exist in different contexts, and each one serves a different purpose. Let’s briefly break down these different uses based on the context:
- Generating new client leads
- Defining your company’s brand
- Increasing engagement on social media
- Improving the quality of content creation
- Motivating your employees on a new or existing project
- Rethinking your current marketing strategy if it’s not working
We’ll break these different types of quotes down further in the following section. Some are universal messages that speak to all business owners or entrepreneurs. Other quotes speak to different types of business marketing strategies that you should apply to your own work.
Digital marketing quotes can tell a story of success. They can advise you on the paths to follow — and those to avoid.
Digital marketing remains an ever-changing field as technology (particularly social media) changes at a lightning-fast pace. If you’re feeling stuck in a rut with your marketing strategy, these digital marketing quotes are sure to get your creative juices flowing.
The first step to becoming a digital marketer is adopting the right mindset and recalibrating if things aren’t working. Sometimes, you need a little inspiration to pursue your dreams, grow your business or digital marketing agency, and achieve your full potential.
the highlighted text above can be an anchor link for the other article on how to grow a digital marketing agency.
50 Digital Marketing Quotes to Keep You and Your Team Inspired
At Seven Figure Agency, we want to help you pinpoint what’s unique about your agency, attract and retain clients, and keep your team focused on driving content to fit your long-term goals. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of top marketing quotes to inspire you. Enjoy!
Digital Marketing Quotes
Digital marketing takes the best traditional marketing approaches and applies them to the messy, fascinating, and complex world we call the Internet.
Read on for some inspiring digital marketing quotes for business.
- Marketing is challenging. Creating genuine connections with customers at a time when attention spans have never been shorter isn’t easy—on top of increasing audience fragmentation and market saturation. — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” – Tom Fishburne, Author, Marketoonist
- “One webinar per month can drive your entire lead generation and content creation machine.” — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories, and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another.” — Seth Godin, Author and Blogger, Akimbo Marketing Seminar
- “Even when you are marketing to your entire audience or customer base, you are still simply speaking to a single human at any given time.” –Ann Handley, Head of Content at MarketingProfs
- “We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.” — Craig Davis, former Chief Creative Officer at J. Walter Thompson
- “This day and time, in order to reach your target audience, you must strengthen your digital presence.” ― Germany Kent, Award-Winning Producer, Media & Marketing Pro
- “Because it is its purpose to create a customer, any business enterprise has two—and only these two—basic functions: marketing and innovation.” — Peter Drucker, Management Consultant, Educator and Author
- “Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we don’t catch up, we’re in trouble.”— Ian Schafer, Co-Founder/CEO, Kindred
- “To accompany the four Ps of classical marketing, marketers would do well to instill the digital four Cs, around conversation, collaboration, culture and compensation.” – Zaid Al-Zaidy, CEO, The Beyond Collective
- “You can’t fool all the people, not even most of the time. And people once unfooled, talk about the experience.” – Seth Godin, Author and Blogger, Akimbo Marketing Seminar
- “There are three keys to that kind of digital agency growth:
► Choose a niche and focus intensely on serving it.
► Position yourself as THE expert in that niche.
► Serve your niche clients better than any competitor can.”
Quotes on Growing Your Online Business
Of course, you want to grow your business to seven figures, but first, you have to figure out the right business model (and mindset) to get there.
Read on for some inspiring quotes on growing your online business.
- “It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.” — Jeffrey Eisenberg, Marketing Optimization Expert, Buyer Legends
- “Mediocre marketers think in terms of campaigns. Great marketers think in terms of growth frameworks.” — Neil Patel, New York Times Bestselling Author and Co-Founder, Neil Patel Digital
- “The big reason why I believe it’s important to aim for a seven-figure agency is that I really believe that seven figures is where your life truly changes:
- You earn more money.
- You have more freedom with your time.
- You make more impact.”—Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “Your customers are not you. They don’t look like you, they don’t think like you, they don’t do the things that you do, and they don’t have your expectations or assumptions. If they did, they wouldn’t be your customers—they’d be your competitors.” — Mike Kuniavsky, Technology R&D Senior Principal, Accenture Labs
- “There are no magic wands, no hidden tricks, and no secret handshakes that can bring you immediate success but with time, energy, and determination you can get there.” — Darren Rowse, ProBlogger Training Events, Founder and Keynote Speaker
- “The reality is, as entrepreneurs that work, that job isn’t what is going to create a successful business that’s going to create freedom that’s going to have a big impact. It’s really building the systems, the procedures, the team and the model to grow and scale your business.” — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “If you build it, you may still need Google AdWords.” — Jennifer Mesenbrink, Senior Innovation Manager at Exelon
- The manufacturer who dedicates his advertising to building the most sharply defined personality for his brand will get the largest share of the market at the highest profit.” — David Ogilvy, Founder of Ogilvy & Mather
- “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” – Simon Sinek, Author, Start with Why
- “When it comes to landing new clients for your agency, many of us overlook the path of least resistance, and it’s often the best way! START with the sphere of influence to get introductions/referrals. —Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “As an agency owner who is focused on growth your #1 focus needs to be on taking care of your team. If you take care of the team, your team will take care of the clients…the client will take care of the business & the business will take care of you.” —Action Coach
- “To build a highly successful & scalable digital marketing agency you have to find people who ‘PLAY’ at what you have to work at.” —John Assaraf, Author, The Answer
- If you want an agency that can scale you MUST remove yourself from the day-to-day operations as quickly as possible. – —Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
Social Media Marketing Quotes
Social media amplifies the content creation and client generating strategies that you’ve already developed, but it requires a specific approach — like everything else in business.
If you need additional help revving up your social media strategy, check out our Facebook groups for digital marketing agencies, and connect with thousands of digital marketing agency owners. Read on for some eye-opening social media marketing quotes.
- “Marketing is about telling good stories. Social media marketing is about getting your customers to tell them for you.” — Corey Eridon, Content Marketing Writer, HubSpot
- “Social media is about the people. Not about your business. Provide for the people, and the people will provide for you.” — Matt Goulart, Digital Marketing Executive
- “The secret to getting results from your social networking is to act like a member, not a marketer.”— Mari Smith, Premiere Facebook Marketing Expert
- “Content is fire; social media is gasoline.” — Jay Baer, Content Marketing Consultant and Social Media Strategist, Convince & Convert
- “An online community offers a support system only possible in the digital world. Around-the-clock access means you can share tips and tricks, ask questions, or share news at your convenience. They also provide invaluable networking opportunities to improve your social resources.” — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “There’s a problem with the word ‘social.’ Social is not just Twitter, FB, etc. Social is a language.” — Andrew Grill, Technology Advisor and Online Futurist Keynote Speaker.
- “Social media requires that business leaders start thinking like small-town shop owners. This means taking the long view and avoiding short-term benchmarks to gauge progress. It means allowing the personality, heart, and soul of the people who run all levels of the business to show.” — Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO, VaynerMedia
- “Never underestimate the power of a #hashtag.” ― Bernard Joseph Burch, Digital Marketing Consultant
- “Almost all paid traffic now comes through Google and Facebook, which means that advertising through these avenues is only going to get more expensive. This is why it is so important to understand how they work. You need to understand Google Adwords, Facebook pixels, and targeting to get the most bang for your buck.” — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
Email Marketing Quotes
Don’t underestimate the power of a simple email. We talk about this subject (and much more) in our Seven Figure Agency Podcast.
Until then, here are some thought-provoking email marketing quotes.
- “A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.” — Ramsay Leimenstoll, Former Marketing & Sales Manager, Keep&Share
- “If social media is the cocktail party, then email marketing is the ‘meet up for coffee.’ The original 1-to-1 channel.” — Erik Harbison, Co-Founder and President, The Marketing Help
- “Not enough talk about the importance of brand in email. Customers don’t sign up for email – they sign up for your brand.” — Bob Frady, CEO & Founder, HazardHub
- “Just a quick tip: make sure that you’re not always sending these intense broadcasts. But, occasionally, you send something Simple, Personal, and Expecting a Reply [SPEAR].” — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “In the time it took you to read this sentence 20m emails have been sent.” – John Watton, Vice President of Marketing, Yext
- “Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches – at scale.” — David Newman, Marketing Speaker and Founder, Do It! Marketing
- “And all of it got loaded into the members area, all of it got kind of categorized correctly, email blasts went out. And if I was doing all that myself, it would take me weeks and weeks of my personal time to do it. But because we’ve got some systems, we’ve got some procedures, and we’ve got trained team members that know how to do that, they can take that content, and they can they can run with it.” — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “I want to do business with a company that treats emailing me as a privilege, not a transaction.” —Andrea Mignolo, Executive and Leadership Coach, Method + Matter
- “Every email is a customer survey of your target market, by testing they vote on what resonates best with them.” — Kath Pay, Founder and Senior Consultant, Holistic Email Marketing
Content Marketing Quotes
Content marketing is the bread and butter of what we do. You need to find skilled, in-house people who can create and market your content to existing and potential customers.Read on for some helpful quotes about content marketing.
- “Do something you’re passionate about first, you know, first and foremost, build a team, and really find people that can play what you have to work at. And then, you know, focus on the impact, really focus on helping the people that you serve, the clients you serve, get amazing results.” – Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “If content is king, then conversion is queen.” — John Munsell, Co-founder & CEO of Bizzuka
- “Do you know where to hide a dead body? It’s on the second page of Google because nobody goes there!” ― Miles Anthony Smith, Director of Digital Content Marketing
- “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.” — Seth Godin, Author and Blogger, Akimbo Marketing Seminar
- “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.”– Andrew Davis, Bestselling Author and Keynote Speaker
- “If your stories are all about your products and services, that’s not storytelling. It’s a brochure. Give yourself permission to make the story bigger.” — Jay Baer, Content Marketing Consultant and Social Media Strategist, Convince & Convert
- “Does your content lead readers on a journey, or does it merely stuff them as leads into a pipeline?” – Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer and Partner, MarketingProfs
- “That content must help you acquire new customers and scale your business. You need online marketing content that gets the basics right and deals in relevant new ideas, not distractions.” — Josh Nelson, Internet Marketing Consultant and Founder, Seven Figure Agency
- “The only way to win at content marketing is for the reader to say, ‘This was written specifically for me.'” – Jamie Turner, Global Keynote Speaker and Assistant Professor of Practice, The University of Texas at Austin
- “Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.” — Laura Fitton, CEO/Founder, The Enough Company
Get Your Daily Dose of Marketing Inspiration
For regular tips, great content, and additional resources on good marketing strategies, get a copy of my FREE BOOK – The Seven Figure Agency Roadmap: How to Build a Million Dollar Digital Marketing Agency. Then follow Josh Nelson and The Seven Figure Agency on the Local Marketing Agency Success Group on Facebook, as well as on Linkedin, YouTube, and Twitter. Connect with more than 2,400 digital marketing agency owners!
Don’t wait. Take the first step to growing your digital marketing agency and securing your financial freedom today.